Friday, April 30, 2010

My First Meeting

I can still remember my first meeting with it. All the memories are afresh. I was out to ranchi for spending my 8th standard summer vacations. It was time before we had to get back. One day bhai called in to tell, babu we bought a computer. It was like a sweet surprise. Though the talk was going on for last few months but had never expected it to happen so early. I could not wait to get back to my home. So after some convincing we returned to our home some days prior to what was scheduled. Though we had computer in our curriculum since 3rd standard but still my school lacked a mouse and a colored monitor. I would be lying if I say that I had touched a mouse earlier. It was a three button mouse with a ball inside meant for rotating mouse. Does any one remember that jungle theme of windows millennium? A drum sound on one click and a caw sound on another. Was very confused when to click left button and when right. Took some time to figure it out. I had strict instructions not to open every icon on desktop. Those who concerned me was dragged to right side of the screen. Clicking any other icon was like 2 years of imprisonment. Opening control panel was like getting death sentence. I remember one incident that would like to share. One of my friends too bought a computer after some days. We had to exchange games. As expected CDs were not so popular those days so we had to use floppy. Now you know the size limits of it. So I transferred only .exe icons. When it didnt work on other computer we had to apply all our brain to figure it out. We never knew the importance of other files. Thought one game is made up of only one exe file. Nevertheless I asked bhai to clear my misconceptions. Nevertheless I got acquainted slowly and slowly and began to develop interest in computers. Thanks to those days due to which I am here today. And at last most importantly thanks to you bhai.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh gOd is it the same Old white bOx still in ur rOOm.nOw I knOw why are yOu sO pOssesive abOut it.After all nOthing can replace first lOve

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.. u r rite..1st love will always b some special.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now no more comments on ur precious white box .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. u replaced the heart,brain and soul of your first love so why do u need to stick with her face.get plastic surgery done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLz PK ..........sahi bola ......
    BUT sadly ........in this materialistic world its onlt the face that matters!!!
    apart from that plastic surgery is a costly procedure !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PK even if you get your heart,brain and your soul transplanted you still will be PK... but try plastic surgery once and believe me next few days everyone will be asking same "who are you..."(your first love too if it exists :P :P)
    same goes with ashish whitebox... :)

    ReplyDelete