Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unsolved Mystery

Huh.. After a senti blog I am back with my favourite topic. It was usual after dinner gossips going on. Donno how and why but the topic of ghosts arrived in our discussion. Everyone was sharing his experience. Out of many I will tell you two of them. First- an old lady was very popular those days. She used to knock the window of house and ask for roti and pyaaz. Now that was a situation of 'aage kuwan peeche khai'. If you dont offer her roti and pyaaz she will pull you out of the window and bite on your neck with her long pointed teeth. But if you give her what she wants she will come daily till you refuse to give (and that would be your last day on this planet). Second- a bhaiya of my muhalla was going to railway station late night. There was a shortcut to their but a graveyard was on the way to that. He decided to take shortcut. While he was in middle of the graveyard, someone held his neck from back that too so tightly that he almost died. He was not able to cry for help even. But luckily no one knows what happened that his neck was left free. He rushed to his home as fast as he could. I havent seen but heard that a dark black mark remains on his neck till now. No doctor, no cream was able to remove that mark.

Back to live. It was too late then. And we were still young not to be afraid after listening so many stories. We had three rooms in our house with two of them having windows which opened on road. We all were in the third one. Now all of us were so afraid that none had courage to sleep in those two rooms. All were not able to decide what to do that some incidents took place that added fuel to the fire. There was a knock on one of the windows( remember the first story). As expected no one had the courage to go and see. But thank god, it was just one time knock. We began to consolidate each other that it was our delusion out of fear. It was becoming fine that some sound came of other room. We all went together to find that the book and the table clock (which was lying on table) was lying on the ground. The fans were off and the windows closed. Could not figure how both items fallen. This increased our fear to, I dont know, how many times. Soon we were back to our third room. Now I will tell you that half minute incident that created fear which I wont forget my whole life. Aaj tak life me utna nahi dara jitna us samay darr gaya tha. Some one grabbed the keyring that made a sound of a paayal. I can still remember that dhak sound of my heart. I felt, ab to bhooth yahan bhi aa gayi, ab koi nahi bachega. But soon realised it was the sound of the keyring. Huh. relieved.

Donno how eight of us managed to sleep on a double bed. Dont remember when we slept. But was awake only in the morning. We told the incident to our land lady. She did a puja with incense stick all over. Calendar having photos of god was put. Hope no one goes through such a horrible night (though I laugh whenever memories of that night, rather nightmare, comes to my mind). Ending with the beginning of age old argument, 'do ghosts exist or not'.

I know that my writing sucks. I am just a beginner in this field. So I request all of my lovely readers not to ask for fine after reading this (as many of my friends do). I am working on to make my writing more efficient. Thank you all.

3 comments:

  1. if yOu had nO cOurage tO face the cOnsequences why tO start such a grisly tOpic at night....
    PS dOn't wOrry abOut writing.As lOng as I can understand it ..yOu are dOing gOOd....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A master, in writing horror stuff , it seems, that ashish's source of horror stories is akin to the source of writers of movies like "the ring" and "the exorcist"
    The quality of a classy horror story lies in the fact the story remains unsolved and the mystery remains buried underneath the spectacular writing "
    We can only acknowledge this story - not by clapping- but by having goosebumps !!!!
    keep the good work up .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaar....last paragraph was the best part...just kidding..

    ReplyDelete